Pagina's

Monday 8 April 2019

The Choose-a-door-dilemma

Yay, I did what I set out to do. I got myself a working Scene Manager. Idea is that I have a singleton object that'll keep track of a couple of things that I'm not going to like being renewed when swapping between scenes. That GameHandler script will remember what door I'm passing through and any door in Scene 1 will have its nemesis in Scene 2, so whenever the player gets through door 1 to another scene, the script is able to find the corresponding door and place the player in front of that. I tested it with a couple of doors that make the playes go to another scene and find a specific spot there. That works.



Now I only need to adjust the rotation of the player to get through the door and not look straight at in, but have it at its back. That's for tomorrow,

The other thing I did was implement some running behaviour for the player and make sure walking backwards is not as fast as walking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment