Pagina's

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Deep water

In the previous version of my RPG I had this too, but it was implemented in a PlayerInteract script and the color was not really all that awesome, so I decided not to copy it from the old version, but to rebuild it. We're talking about the Deep Water Mask, a blue glow across the screen to notify the player he's below the surface of the water. When the screen in blue, it means special physics are there (which are not implemented yet) and there will be trouble once you're out of oxigen.

This is our test scene without DWM:

And this is the same scene with DWM, so below the surface of the water:

Another thing I implemented is that I put the crosshair in the center of the screen. It does not do anything yet, but the script understand that it's a special object it might want to reference and modify in code. 

All in all, this was just a bit of tinyness that needs to be done, but does not take a lot of time. The script behind the things is not implemented yet. The crosshair will have its parts move to the center when pointing to something near and wide as it is in the picture, when pointing to something far away or not pointing to anything at all. the mask will be activated when the player is below the surface of the water, as explained in my earlier article on Drowning.

this week I'll finish the scene management that I was working on yesterday, as well as the implementation of the crosshair. For that, I'll be introducing some objects to interact and a script for the player to interact with the objects (starting with looking at then and gaining information)

No comments:

Post a Comment