Pagina's

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Making things eternal

So, back to the Scene Manager. I kind of have the idea I'm making progress, but I'm not sure how and why, but hey, i'm a programmer and those memes somehow sometimes just are true and there's no use trying to find out how.

What I'm trying to do is to make sure some objects in the game are cross-scene, so essentially eternal. For instance, the player state should not suddenly change to him having another inventory or maximum health or anything like that, so I took that script with me. Unity then makes the entire player object eternal, which is ok with me. another one is the WorldObject, because if I pick up a ball on level 1 and go to level 2 and back, I would not expect the ball to be both where I found it and in my inventory, so I need to keep track of the position and activeness of the object. That does not yet completely work, so I'll have a look later.

Anyway, it's late and I'm to hit the sack now. New day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment