Pagina's

Thursday 21 March 2019

Some tiny remarks.

Now that I'm watching Netherlands against Belarus, I have some small things about my projects. I'm doing two projects right now and both have a little version control implemented, which is nice. Furthermore, there's a couple of things that I want to do.

In the big 3D project, I'm planning to replace the Creepy Guy dynamics to have the NPC turn. I seem to like to work with colliders for everything I do, but that may not be the right decision. What I'm going to do is have the NPC object figure it out on his own. This could make it all more flexible when I want to implement real NPC behaviour like fighting, fleeing and patrolling. I found a very interesting article on Game AI that will guide me a bit, I think.

Another thing I want to do to the Creepy Guy is replace him by actual graphics-a-like Blender models that I'm going to make myself. I never did that, but did watch some tutorials and it seems possible to do and interesting to try with bones for animations and stuff. Capsules are nice, but they will not capture us, so we need humanoids.

The small 2D project has other challenges. I am starting to have a working movement system and the player has a couple of animations, including an animation for picking up stuff, like a sword.


This looks amazing, as you see, but I need some code to run when the animation was finished and I want the code to come from the object that is being picked up. How am I going to do that? Delegates, Interfaces or some other way. I'll have to figure that out.

Lastly, I saw a video about Godot. I might try that on my slow laptop later.

No comments:

Post a Comment