Pagina's

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Back to game mechanics

There's not so much I can tell right now, especially since I've been ill the last couple of days, but I did find some time to work on the game again. This Blender business has not been a gold mine for me yet, so I decided to drop that for a while and have a look at the game mechanics again. Which is nicer anyway...

We have this maze guy I've been rambling on about lately. Appears he has a nasty brother: Forest Guy. Forest Guy hangs around near the forest and is a hothead. Read: an enemy. We're going to have actual enemies in the game, would you believe it!

So what does our nasty lumberjack do? (Hey, note to self, I need to have him wielding an axe). If I understand the AI research stuff correctly, it's all about the finate state machine. He's idle for a time and sees if any patrolling route is in place. If there is, he'll go for a walk.

While he's doing that, or while he's idling around, the (essentially invisible) player object walks by and the guy is triggered.  If, of course,  the player is near enough, in the moving line of sight and the view is not obstructed by a wall or something. Then *something* will change.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to bed now. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment