Pagina's

Thursday 28 March 2019

AI frustration

Today, I've been reading about AI and navigation in specific.  NavMeshes in Unity.

What I saw the last couple of days was that patrolling NPC's don't really care about obstacles. I had the Forest Guy walk between two waypoints and that went like a charm as long as it was all a straight line.  Now, being a Skyrim veteran, I know not even Lydia walks in straight lines all the time,  so let's see.

I'm supposed to either work everything out myself, or use these NavMeshes. I "bake" a NavMesh and have agents like Forest Guy navigate that.

And then, whatever I do, they drop waist down in the ground and get stuck.  Weird and frustrating , because I have no idea what causes that. Now I have very few time this weekend.  A friend's wedding and my birthday,  so  now I go to bed a sad man...

Anyone any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment