Pagina's

Friday 29 March 2019

Back to where I were

Alright, good stuff. I'm back to where I were when I started with the NavMesh, but now with NavMesh agents implemented for both the Maze Guy and the Forest Guy. They can both walk their patrol routes without dropping half way into the ground and getting stuck. Ánd, they can navigate the terrain when I put obstacles in their way. A copuple of days ago, they could too, but then they just pushed the walls over or kept humping into them with a small angle until they slide past. This looks better.


I needed to rebuild the stack of shapes (two capsules, a sphere and an enlongated cube) and tinker a bit with the height of the NavMesh Agent. This, and I had the Parent gameobject a physical one. While MazeGuy and ForestGuy were empty game objects with a bunch of children, the new ones (with a space in their name) are actually capsules that aren't rendered. 

I might tinker with the walking stuff again, especially the sideways rotation. I'm not yet sure how this simple object rotation works with movement by the NavMesh. It looks like to goes great, but maybe that might not work later, so I'll keep a careful watch over it.

Tomorrow I'll not be working. Maybe a little bit in the morning, but we're going to a wedding and we'll be back late at night. Sunday'll be my birthday, so we'll have visitors. After that, I'll see if I could make a paralel AI system with an Animator with a FSM (I think of it as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but it's Finite State Machine here). If that works alright and is really better,  I'll replace what I have now.

Next I'll be building on it. What will the guy do when he sees you, does it make sense to freeze all activity when the guy is miles away? Do I find more interesting stuff in my book? Or do I have new toys to play with for my birthday? See you in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment