Pagina's

Saturday 4 May 2019

Multipurpose mechanics

The quest system really starts to look like something. A quest can be accepted or rejected and if you don't answer and return later, the NPC wil phrase the question differently. Quests have objectives that can be gathering of an object, defeating an enemy or moving somewhere. Gathering now works. When you get asked for a red ball and you get one, the NPC will understand your success and ask for the thing:



I'm pretty happy with that, because I think I built a dialog system in the progress. Not only are quests starting to be implemented, I also nog have some GUI and mechanics to run a dialog window with one or two buttons to work with. It's always nice to be able to reuse the stuff you build for seemingly unrelated purposes. With hardly any changes, the player can now read a letter on the wall.



Of course I know the letter is not easily readable, so I'll make the panel less transparent and lighter of color, but it pleases me that it works so nicely. Pretty proud of myself.

Before I get ahead of myself. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment