Pagina's

Sunday 26 May 2019

Go-kart ruined my weekend

First of all, don't get me wrong. I loved Friday night's go cart and dinner with colleagues. What people don't know is that I don't have a driver's license and Friday was my first time as a driver on a motorised vehicle. It was fun, but there's always that moment when a crash happens and 9 out of 10 times it is alright. As usual, I'm number 10. In a good way, because I once was in a car, as a passenger, and we went for a roll in a way that cars aren't supposed to go (sideways). Me and the driver only had a couple of scratches and we experienced life in a washing machine, so to speak.

And in a bad way, because with the crash, I hurt my rib or my back or whatever and that ruined my weekend. Yesterday I could hardly physically get out of bed, so we decided not to go on our little city trip that we were so much looking forward to. We'll go soon, as soon as my body allows it. It left me some time to work on my game, because my wife went to work in the garden, which I was in no way able to assist her with.

Well, nother much came from that. I was planning to have a GUI day, as opposed to a good day, but I couldn't stand sitting on my desk chair for more than maybe 30 minutes in a row. That's why I did not make much progress.

What I did do is create a couple of  elements for the canvas to show stuff in the player's journal. Right now it holds generic journal entries that are just strings, quests that the player is involved with and relationships with NPC's. What I want to do is show these in some way in the interface and possibly build on the journal itself, because I might want to have more specific information on entries and be able to link certain quest actions to my reputation with certain NPC's.

This mess actually looks as it is supposed to...

That'll be totally unrelated to the GUI, so I'll be able to work with that later, but now I'm what we dutch call "broken". Very tired. I've not been able to sleep well and while my wife does everything she can to make my life easier when I feel like I cannot do anything at all, there's only so much that bundle of goodness can do.

So for now, all glory to my wife for being kind of nice and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment