Pagina's

Saturday 1 June 2019

Now what

Alright. I'm sitting in the bus right now. We had a nice bachelor's party for Bram, my brother-in-law-to-be. I hope he enjoyed it a lot and continues enjoying the evening while the main guy left.

As this is a gamedev blog, what have I done lately? I know I have been quiet, because it has been quiet as I have not been able to get too much work done because my rib hurt when I sit on my desk chair.  Yesterday was my first day of work again and I really needed to quit after 8 hours because of the pain.

In those half hours and hours and the weekend, I made progress in two games.  Firstly I have this platformern that I was working on. I kind of finished that.  To find out if it was any good, I asked my non-gamer wife to play it. I won't translate what she said,  but suffice it to say that she liked it better than Oxford Street...


My second piece of progress is in a game that I never actually started building but which was always on my mind.  When you can't use the computer physically, and you still want to make games,  you start thinking about it.  

I am a historian,  more than I am a game developer,  possibly.  What I really want to do is create something to relive antiquity.  I might one day turn teacher to primary school children and away their love for both programming and history. For now,  I will keep the programming to myself and keep my scope small.

I'm not going to change the world anytime soon,  but sharing what you love is most valuable if you ask me. That is why I'm making a real time strategy game about early civilisation.  I'm probably calling it Holocene if that doesn't cause problems.  Might be partly RPG as you are a king and need to be there physically to influence all of it, but possibly just an RTS first and additions or version II later.

Anyway the bus is fast approaching the destination and I am tired right now. I had this to share now, so I wish you all a fond good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment