Pagina's

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Life, the Universe and Everything

It's been four days since the latest devlog and honestly I don't have too much new to say. Just a little bit of thought about Life, The Universe, Game Development and Everything.

Game development is the thing that I want to do when I have the time. Problem is  - and don't give me the "busy man" thing - sometimes life gets in the way. Nothing much is happening,  but this global warming thing... it's been hot over the last couple of days and those are the days the little air conditioner at home cannot cope with, so no sleeping for neither me nor my wife. Isn't that sad?

This went on for two days until yesterday I could go to the little computer room again an not melt. Now those guys at my favourite team announce they'll present a new player for next season. So here I am charging the F5 like nobodys business.  Life has a funny way of interfering.  And between you and me,  I kind of like it this way.

Now for #gamedev, I did get things working, though it's not finished yet. The progress of the actions is kept when switching from object to object.  Progress runs on and after some time,it's finished causing something.

It's still buggy, because one is not supposed to discover iron working 26 times in a row, but it's mostly lack of time that caused that. Spawning units seems no act meh too, so far. It'll be ok.

Actions should be working by the end of the week. By that I mean creating units and discovering science (just flags that allow for other actions to be used). Maybe also something economic , but I'm not sure yet, especially since the gathering mechanics that I have can hardly be called a complete economy. We'll see how that develops.

Right now, the bus to work is approaching the end point and it's time for what they actually pay me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment