Pagina's

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Worker is too lazy

Good morning CET. An update on what I've been doing yesterday. I told you there was going to be 3D modelling for the gathering mechanics.  We have the rock and the worker that is supposed to mine the rock. We also have the mining mechanics,  but once the worker has enough stuff, there's nowhere to go to to deliver it.  So insert s simple 3D hut that I made in Blender. 



As always,  this hut is placeholder,  but I'd like to have it look like a hut and not some cube or something. I think I succeeded in that. I put the model in Unity, gave it a collider and building script and put it in the scene. Next I gave it health to prevent it from being destroyed right at the start of play mode (something I struggled with when I introduced a warrior). Good to go.

Well, no. That was because there was something wrong with the rock. Somehow I had that specific one yield gold instead of stone. And the hut only accepted stone, so the worker's not going anywhere. Well, fixed that. Still not going. This means there must be something wrong with the AI state picking thing and it is. The worker finishes mining, switches to walking as it's supposed to. Then it goes idle.

Being lazy myself,  I get that. Sometimes you just go idle, but not this time. We're talking algorithms and they are supposed to do what I tell them to do. It hurts to say, but I guess I could have made a bug then. Let's fix that. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment