Pagina's

Sunday 4 August 2019

Actual goats and improved gathering

Alright,  Monday morning.  I'm on my way to the office again.  What did I do this weekend? Well, mostly modelling the goat in Blender.  It's not rigged yet, so there might be some revisions later, but it looks like a goat and that's more than I expected at the outset.


This goat model is now also linked to the goat prefab and the dead goat prefab in Unity. A goat is a unit and a dead goat is a resource.  Goats are replaced by dead goats once they die. These are the things one needs to explain a conputer. Visually,  right now, a dead goat is a goat flipped to the side. Might revisit this later.


The next thing I made progress in, is the thing where resources cannot be brought to just any building. The little white domed building to the right is a Mill and mills are good for bringing food. Even though it's the closest building to the tree,  when the tree is cut, the resources are brought to the Zigurat. Food can be built to the mill. That kind of thing.


The other thing was fixing a bug. When the dead goat is emptied, the workers went looking for living ones to kill instead of the dead one nearby. I fixed that. Then I found that the guy started gathering the goat food a couple of meters away. Had to fix that too. 

For now, I'm pleased with how it goes. Some of the core features work now. I have these points that I mentioned the other day and there's the combat system coming up. Next, I'll see how the stuff works on a terrain instead of a flat plane. Next, there'll be the enemy AI to think about, then starting to replace placeholder things with better things to have it look and feel better, as well as review the GUI. 

This sounds like it'll take 2 more days. Well it does not.


No comments:

Post a Comment