Pagina's

Thursday 15 August 2019

The ground is not flat

Just a small update, because time is an illusion. What have I been up to yesterday? Well, bits and pieces.  First of all, I have been working on the camera system.  Next, I'm reimplementing the features I already had.

You might have noticed I am working on a different Unity project since starting the procedural level generation. This is because I found out that much of what I made was dependent on the ground being flat. That, and when you're learning,  sometimes you want major refactoring and it's often better to do that early.

The camera then. Because the ground is not flat, I cannot just clamp its position to a certain height on the y-axis. I need to find out how high the ground below is and then clamp in to a certain height above the ground.

Typing this, I now know what to do tonight. I need to send out a raycast and see how far away it collides. Then I have this point. Add some minimum value to the y-value of the camera position and we are done. I just need to make sure the camera doesn't go beyond the level, looking to the void that we all fear.

Next, this guy.


You know the goat. It's our first agent walki g around on the navmesh. It works, although I need to tweak some parameters. That's nice, because I am implementing a new AI state machine. With the floor not being flat, rotation will be changed, but I didn't have time for that yet.

Now, the bus is almost at the station,  so you know what that means...




No comments:

Post a Comment