Pagina's

Wednesday 27 November 2019

Slowly back to health

Alright, that took way too long. I caught a nasty illness two weeks ago and while I'm still not 100% fine, I'm on my way to work again.

I have tried to put some time in the game while I had my well feeling moments, usually in the evenings. I did not make very much progress, but some things are starting to look more interesting as I switched focus from the tedious procedural world generation to actual gameplay. What did I do?

First and most importantly, I created a player object that could walk around in the 3D world. It can still walk on water and run straight through most trees and it can drop off the edges of the world, so there's stuff to do left, but it's good enough for now.  The player will directly interact with your tribesmen and objects in the world, but he can't really do much do something.

That's what the characters will be for. Later this week, I'll start try 873 making a character model in Blender and hook it to a character script that'll control its behaviour.  I had some training with Blender so that note theres a huge difference in looks of different tree types which I will have to get back to later. 



That's progress, isn't it? The bottom tree it's kind of the style I'm looking for. Low poly but kind of appealing. 

The player object can now walk around in the world and 'see' the different kinds of trees.  They are named in the UI and when the player gets close enough and presses E, some other non-functional UI fires to tell we're interacting with the thing. That'll be built upon later too.

For now, that's kind of it. I'm finishing this blog now. Hopefully my first day back at the office won't break me down again, because I learned to appreciate health actually. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment