Pagina's

Wednesday 27 February 2019

In-between project: Oxford Street

As I told, I go to work by bus every day and that gives me time to work on little projects. Little ones, because my laptop is as slow as can be.

I wanted to make a small endless runner game with no strings attached. And I wanted it to be about something of consequence, so enter my trip to London, a couple of months ago.

It's been ages since I went to London and now that I'm legally adult and married, I thought I could enjoy the city more, so I took my wife by train from The Netherlands to Kings Cross station. We passed the Harry Potter wall thing and went to our appartment for the week.

Nice city and all and I can really recommend the British Museum, but that did not give me the idea to make this game. My wife came up with the inspiration, as she wanted to go to Oxford Street with me for her lady time, which she deserved. Problem was that it was Black Friday. Enter the endless runner where you are me or my wife and you need to evade people in the busy shopping street.


This is my first build of my first complete game and I already found a bug, but that's in the most unimportant thing I could imagine. Who in their right mind would ever want to exit this masterpiece? (hint: use the Windows close window cross thing).

So, all this being said, with a combination of shame and pride, I present you Oxford Street, where you need to evade the shopping people.

Here's the link to the installer. If it should not work, please leave a reply behing and I'll fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment