Pagina's

Monday 18 February 2019

Health and Fatigue

Now for the category "it does not look like much, but man did I put a lot of effort in!" I managed to get a health bar and an energy bar in my GUI and it looks decent to start with.


It works alright as it will update on any chance in either health or energy. The bar will get smaller if we lose health or energy which is nice and most importantly, my rubber duck wife immediately knew what it meant and started asking the questions that I answer with "that's going to happen, but does not happen yet."

Will you drop dead once the red bar is empty? Can you still jump when you don't have any more energy, What if the enemy is not tired and you are? Still a lot to do.

Next and easiest will be to have the energy drop when sprinting, which the player already can do. I might have the fatigue play a role determining the speed or jump force, but I'll have to experiment with that. Furthermore, I hope to have a Minimap in the UI. Maybe the head bob, but that's a lower priority.

After that, I'm going to focus on the mechanics and see if we can get things to hurt the player and have the red bar drop a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment