Pagina's

Monday 16 December 2019

It's a game now!

Good morning everyone. Here's another installment. I notice that while I'm not working on Holocene, the devlogs are further in between. I even found out that I don't have a name for my new goalkeeper game. It does not matter to me really. There may just be less to talk about this game.

Alright, over the last couple of days, what have I been up to? Well, I kind of made the game. The schedule was to have the main mechanics ready by the end of week one, which is last week. This week would be for the GUI and mechanics around new games, pauses and the like. That's what happened. Yesterday was a GUI day. I made this:


I know. It does not look like much but the different texts and buttons are part of four panels that can be turned on and off: the main menu, the pause screen, the game over screen and the game screen.  These panels are shown when needed.

What else am I going to do? First, I'll study ways to build leader boards. The game will laat be ported to Android and iOS and it'll be fun to give the game done longevity by adding the competitive edge. I don't worry the game won't quit after a while, because some of the shots are difficult to stop, especially the high ones.

Next, I'm going to add sounds and probably done background drawing with fans or something else, because a penalty box does not typically float in a space that looks eerily like a Unity scene.  When that's finished, the PC build is ready and focus will shift first to Android and then to iOS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment